- Welcome to FlameClan Roleplaying Wiki, a Warriors roleplay site. We admit it, this wiki can get ab bit complicating, so this guide'll hopefully ease your confusion. It’ll help you understand what to do before making a cat, requesting a cat, and then how to roleplay your character, or characters. So sit tight, and take notes! Just kidding, you don't have to take notes.
About the WikiEdit
What is Roleplay? Edit
Roleplay is being able to create characters (hence the 'role') and do things from their point of view (hence the 'play'). It allows you to bring your OCs (Original Characters) to life, so you can give them a personailty, and maybe even a family. Roleplay can be really fun, and is used across fandoms: it's an amazing way to feel even more connected to a series
What is this Roleplay About?Edit
- FCRPW, or FlameClan Roleplaying Wikia, is a wiki featuring Warriors roleplay. Warriors is a fantasy series written by Erin Hunter: it stars a community of cats who live in 'Clans', and are trained to fight. We've got our own spin on this roleplay. Instead of the four (or five, observant human being) Clans, we have three main ones of our own. These are FlameClan (our first Clan, as you can tell from our name), ScorchClan (another Clan), and DarkClan (a darker, evil-type group loosely based on the Clans). You will learn how to join these in later sections. We also have two Tribes for those of you interested, though one of our tribes is opting to become a Clan. We've also got Loners & Rogues, and Kittypets, for you adventurous ones.This roleplay is about these Clans, and what happens with them.
How Canon is the Wiki? Edit
We're pretty relaxed on canon-ness. We aren't totally non-canon, we still mention the warrior code, and we still adhere to certain things introduced in the books. However, we do tend to alter the formations of our Tribes a bit. We'd like you to stay away from illogical pelt colors and descriptions, though we are very free with names.
Creating Your CharacterEdit
- After reading those pages above, you should be ready to create your first character! Head to the group's talkpage, where there is the following form to fill out.
- Name: Character name
- Appearance: Their appearance (it should be realistic)
- Character: List their key traits, preferably more than one.
- Rank: You cannot request a high rank if it is your first character.
- Also please don't request a high rank, as most of the time they are planned or prophesied. If you would like to have one at a future date, make sure you ask one of our admins - Flame, Whiskers, Stormver, Brams, or Blazey. They'll both be able to tell you when a spot opens up to be claimed. However, don't beg for these ranks as that will make your chance at getting one low. As begging is simply annoying and doesn't show a level of maturity that we look for on this wiki. Once you fill out this form and sign it with four ~~~~'s, one of our admins will review your request. To make it run easier, make sure you character has some depth to their personality, and make sure their name complies to our naming conventions. A link to this page is just above.
- Once your character is accepted, you can make their page! Head over to the Page Format to see how your page should look. It's easier to just copy and paste the guide's content to your new page and adjust it's information to suit your character.
- Also, if there is already a cat with the same name as yours, add the abbreviation for the group at the end of the page name. For example, there are two cats named Stormclaw. The second one is in ShadeClan. At the end of the page name would be (SC), since that's the Clan the cat is in. If there's already a Stormclaw (SC), add (SC II) and so on at the end.
The Basics & RulesEdit
- As this is a roleplay wiki, it's always good to know the general basics of roleplay. Being the rules and the basics.
- No godmodding/powerplaying.
- If you want to do something with another roleplayer's character, like kill them or make them be mates with your character, you must have the person's permission.
- When it comes to birth scenes, they do not have to be shown unless it's important.
- When it comes to things like that and mating, it's best to do a 'fade to black' transition. It means the same thing and less weird and gross.
- Don't bother people too much - asking them too many questions will make them feel irritated and frankly annoyed. It's understandable if you're a newb, though, since you'll have to learn the ropes.
- Play along with the plotlines - it'll make things go smoothly.
- Be mindful of others squicks, or discomforts. If you're roleplaying something like heavy gore, put it under a drop-down box so that it's not easily seen when they're viewing it.
- Don't mess with the Clan descriptions, history, lore, etc. at all.
- If you are to add something to your character, like a mental disorder, a disability, or the like, research is highly suggested. We don't want to offend anybody in any shape or form, and if you can't handle even a little bit, perhaps it's best you don't add it at all.
How to RoleplayEdit
- For your first post, you don't have to have much to it. Just have your character enter camp, or wake up. Maybe have them interact with someone else's cat to start up an interaction. Don't have your character kill, or mate with anyone else's characters. You should always have permission from people before you try anything dramatic like that. It just makes the roleplay nicer to be a part of. Try to use good grammar when roleplaying, as it makes your posts much easier to read. This wiki is also semi-literate at the least - so good grammar and spelling is highly advised. Only roleplay your own characters, unless you have someone's permission to roleplay theirs. Once you're done typing up your post, sign it with four ~~~~, so we can know who posted it. Then, you're done!
General RP TermsEdit
- Godmodding - One roleplays a character not owned by them, usually for their own purposes. Also known as powerplaying.
- Mun - The person roleplaying the character. Also known as Roleplayer.
- Muse - The player’s character, or things that inspire the player.
- SC - ScorchClan
- DC - DarkClan
- FC - FlameClan
- TOEV - Tribe of Erupting Volcanoes
- TFS - The Falling Stars
- Lo - Loner
- Ro - Rogue
- Project Characters is a project dedicated to improving character pages. Every character page starts out with a bronze grade, and can be nominated for silver or gold. To nominate articles, you need to request to join on the talk page of the project. Any nomination put up by a user not in the project will be declined. A lead will accept you into the project, and then you can begin nominating articles! A user classified as a lead is the leader, the deputy, or a senior warrior. The leads of Project Characters can put votes up for articles, give them a CBV, and accept join requests. The leads of Project Characters are Flame and Whiskers.
- Project Charart is a project dedicated to making art for character pages. Every user starts out as a kit, and then can be moved up to apprentice and warrior. To put up art, you need to request to join on the talk page of the project. Any art put up by a user not in the project will be declined. A lead will accept you into the project, and then you can begin putting up art!